Soon Ae Chun: Services
- PROFESSIONAL SOCIETY :
- Past President (2018-2019), Digital Government Society .
- President (2016-2017), Digital Government Society .
- President Elect (2014-2015), Digital Government Society .
- Board Member, Digital Government Society (2012-2013).
- EDITORIAL ACTIVITIES :
Digital Government Research and Practice (2018-2021)
- International Journal of Computers in Clinical Practice (IJCCP) , 2017-now.
- International Journal of E-Planning Research, 2014-now.
Journal of Information Processing Systems , 2009 -2017
Editorial Board Member :
- Korean Journal of Policy Studies, 8/2019-
- Social Sciences and Humanities Open (SSHO) , 2019-
- International Journal of Digital Libraries (IJDL) , 2018-
- Governent Information Quarterly , 2017 - .
- ACM SAC Applied Computing Review, 2014 - .
- Advances in Distributed Computing and Artificial Intelligence Journal, 2014 - . (Scientific Committee)
- International Journal of Business and Systems Research, 2011-current.
- International Journal of E-Planning Research , 2011-2013
- Information Polity: An International Journal of Government and Democracy in the Information Age, 2010 -
- International Journal of Computers in Clinical Practice (IJCCP) , formerly International Journal of Computational Models and Algorithms in Medicine , 2009 - 2/2017 .
- Journal of Information Technology and Architecture , July 2008 -
- International Journal of Electronic Government Research (IJEGR), Jan 2007 -
- International Journal of Applied Intelligence(IJAI) 2006 - 2013 (SCI, impact factor .849)
- International Journal of Computational Intelligence Research (IJCIR), 2005 - 2011
International Journal of Network Security (IJNS), July 2005-2017 .
Editorial Advisory Board Member
- The Open Information Systems Journal (2010-)
- The New Faces of Organizations in the 21st Century, Vol 1-3, Academic Reference Book, NAISIT(North American Institute of Science and Information Technology), Canada (2010-2011).
- Information Communication Technologies and the Virtual Public Sphere: Impacts of Network Structures on Civil Society (2010), Scott Krummenacher and Bob Cropf (eds.), IGI Global (www.igi-global.com), (to be published in summer 2010)
- Handbook of Research in E-Planning,
Information Science Reference (2009)
Special Issue Editor
- Information Polity, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2018.
- Smart Cities, Int. Journal of E-Planning Research, 2017.
- Future Internet, 2014
- International Journal of Computational Models and Algorithms in Medicine, 2012
- Transforming Government: People, Process and Policy, 2011.
- Government Information Quarterly (GIQ), 2009, 2012.
- ACM Digital Government Research and Practice (2018-2021)
- REVIEW ACTIVITIES
Proposal Reviewer and Panelist :
- Panelist, Fulbright Scholarship, 2018
- Reviewer, Israeli Ministry of Science, Technology and Space, 2017, 2019.
- Review Panelist, NSF/CISE/IIS, 2003, 2005, 2009, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016
- Expert evaluator, , French National Research Agency (ANR), 2011
- Panelist, NSF/CCLI, 2010
- Reviewer, NIH, Challenge Grant, 2009
- Reviewer, South Africa's National Research Foundation, 2008
- Reivew Panelist : National Science Foundation (NSF) CISE/CPATH, 2007.
- Proposal Reviewer: The Council of Physical Sciences of the
Netherlands Organization for Scientific Research (NWO), Computer Science Division, 2005
- 2020: IJEPR, IJEGR, IEEE TETC, Public Performance and Management Review, Technology in Society
- 2019: Medical Informatics, IEEE Transactions of Service Computing, Int. Journal of Medical Informatics, Technology in Society, JDL, IEEE TETC, Aggression and Violent Behavior; ACM Computing Survey, GIQ, ACM Computing Survey, International Journal of Disaster Risk Reduction;
- 2018: GIQ, EJIS, Transportation D,, Journal of Supercomputing (SUPE), IEEE TETC, Aggression and Violent Behavior;
- 2017: JIS, JCS, Computers and Security (COSE), Info Polity, BMC Medical Informatics and Decision Making, IJEPR, GIQ, IEEE Transactions on Emerging Topics in Computing (TETC), Public Performance and Management Review, Information Systems Frontiers
- 2016: Journal of Computer Security, IJEPR, Computers and Security, Transactions on Emerging Topics in Computing, TKDE, ACM Computing Reviews
- 2015: Journal of Computer Security, Computer Standards & Interfaces, Info Polity, IJEPR, TKDE, The DATA BASE for Advances in Information Systems
Book and Book Chapter Reviewer
- Citizens and E-Government: Evaluating Policy and Management, IGI-Global, 2009
- Advances in Management Information Systems (AMIS): Electronic Government: Information, Technology, and Transformation, 2007
- Encyclopedia of Geographical Information Science, Springer, 2007
- Encyclopedia of Digital Government, IDEA Group, 2005
- Introduction to Object-Oriented Analysis and Design by Stephen Schach, McGraw-Hill/Irwin, 2003
- Conference co-Chair: dg.o2020 (Seoul Korea), dg.o2018 (Delft The Netherlands), dg.o2017 (Staten Island, NY).
- Track Chair: Security, Privacy and Trust in the Big Data and AI Age at FLAIRS-33, 2020.
- Track Chair: ACM SAC- SWA2020, The ACM/SIGAPP Symposium On Applied Computing - Semantic Web Application; SWA2019, SWA2018, SWA2017, SWA2016, SWA2015, SWA2014.
- Workshop Co-chair: Web for Smart Cities at the 18th IEEE/WIC/ACM International Conference on Web Intelligence (WI '19), October 14-17, 2019, Thessaloniki, Greece
- Track Co-Chair: E-Business and E-Government, ICIS 2018, San Francisco.
- Track Co-chair: Smart Cities, dg.o, 2016-2019.
- Publicity Chair: BigComp2018: IEEE International Conference on Big Data and Smart Computing, Shanghai, Jan 15-17, 2018.
- Track Chair: Special Track for AI and CyberSecurity at FLAIRS, 2017, FLAIRS-29, 2016; FLAIRS-28, 2015.
- Local Organization Chair: JCDL 2016 Joint Digital Library Conference 2016, June 19-23, Newark NJ.
- RTIS: The International Conference on Real-time Intelligent Systems, 2020.
- AAAI-W3PHI: International Workshop on WWW and Population Health Intelligence, 2017-2019
- FLAIRS: International FLAIRS Conference, 2004-2020
- BigComp: IEEE International Conference on Big Data and Smart Computing, 2018-2020.
- ACM SAC: ACM Symposium on Appliced Computing, 2012-2020.
- ICEDEG: Second International Conference on eDemocracy & eGovernment, 2014-2020.
- HICSS: Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, 2008-2020
The Twelfth Int. Conf. on Digital Society and eGovernments
- ICIS ,Int. Conference in Info Systems, AE, Reviewer 2018-2019
- HIS :
The International Conference on Health Information Science,
- SIGMIS CPR : ACM SIGMIS Computers and People Research (CPR) conference, Nashville, Tennessee, June 20-22, 2019
- DEXA: International Conference on Database and Expert Systems Applications, 2009-2019.
- dg.o: Annual International Digital Government Research Conference, 2007-2019
- ECIS: European Conference in Information Systems, 2014, 2019.
International Conference on Theory and Practice of Electronic Governance,
International Conference on e-Business, 2006-2019.
- BiDU: Workshop on Big Social Data and Urban Computing, 2018-2019
- SocialCom2018 : IEEE International Conference on Social Computing and Networking, 2015-2018
- EGOV-CeDEM-ePart: 2018 Conference
- AIMSA, The 18th International Conference on Artificial Intelligence: Methodology, Systems, Applications, 2016, 2018
- ICWE: Int Conf on Web Engineering, 2015-2018
- FGCN: International Conference on Future Generation Communication and Networking, 2007-2014, 2018
- AMIA, Annual Symposium of the American Medical Informatics Association, 2014-2018.
DaSH: Symposium on Data Science for Healthcare , Oct 19-20, 2017
- BPMGOV 17 : International Workshop in Business Process Management Application to the e-Government domain, Barcelona, September 10th, 2017
- IFIP EGOV-EPART: 2017
- IFIP SEC: 32nd International Conference on ICT Systems Security and Privacy Protection
- ICIW: International Conference on Internet and Web Applications and Services, 2015, 2016, 2017
- LWDM 2017: 7th International Workshop on Linked Web Data Management, EDBT 2017 March 21, 2017: Venice Italy.
- DBSEC: Annual WG 11.3 Conference on Data and Applications Security and Privacy, 2006-2009, 2013-2017. .
- CyberSciTech: Cyber Science and Technology Congress - Track 1, Aug 8-12, Auckland, NZ. (2016, 2017)
- IoP 2017: IEEE International Conference on Internet of People, 2016-2017
SITIS: IEEE International Conference on Signal Image Technology and Internet Based Systems, 2017
- DSAA: Int. Confererence on Data Science and Advanced Analytics, 2014, 2015, 2016.
- ARES: International Conference on Availability, Reliability and Security, 2007-2016
SERVICE COMPUTATION :
The International Conferences on Advanced Service Computing,
2014 , 2015, 2016.
- SEMAPRO: International Conference on Advances in Semantic Processing, 2012, 2013, 2014 , 2015, 2016
- CIS: International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Security, 2007, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015 . 2017-2018
- IGU-GoG: International Geographical Union Commission on Geography of Governance: Local Government and Urban Governance, Lisbon, April 9-10, 2015
- IFIP EGOV/e-Part 2015, 14th IFIP Electronic Government (EGOV) and 7th IFIP Electronic Participation (ePart) Conference, ePart 2014: 6th international conference on eParticipation, Aug 31-Sep 4,
- GHC2014: Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing Scholarship Committee, Phoenix, AZ, Oct 8-10 2014.
- SSW : International Workshop on Semantic Search over the Web, VLDB Workshop, 2012, 2013. 2014,
- ACM/IEEE ASONAM '14 : The 2014 IEEE/ACM International Conference on Advances in Social Networks Analysis and Mining, Beijing, China, August 17-20, 2014
- SNAM-DT: International Workshop on Social Network Analysis and Mining using Digital Technology, August 17-20, 2014, Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
- BSIC: 2013 International Workshop on Behavior and Social Informatics and Computing, IJCAI (Int. Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence), Beijing, Aug 3-9, 2013 ,
- BSI: Workshop on Behavior and Social Informatics, PAKDD Workshop, 2013
- MobiWIS: International Conference on Mobile Web Information Systems, 2011-2013.
- AINA: IEEE International Conference on Advanced Information Networking and Applications, Internet Computing and Web Applications, 2010, 2013, 2014
- WISE: International Conference on Web Information System Engineering, 2005, 2007, 2011, 2012, 2013.
- SCA: International Conference on Social Computing and Its Applications, 2012.
- CUTE: International Conference on Ubiquitous Information Technology and Applications, 2012.
- iCETS : International Conference on E-Business Technology and Strategy, 2012.
- SNSM : International Workshop on Social Networks and Social Web Mining, 2012.
- Annual Conference of the IGU Commission on Geography of Governance: New Challenges for Local Governance, 2012.
- CSN : International Workshop on Cloud and Social Networks, 2011.
- ED: IADIS International Conference e-Democracy, Equity and Social Justice 2011, 2010
- IWUCAInternational Workshop on Ubiquitous Computing & Applications, Hainan Island, China, 2010.
- EMWS: Workshop on Emergency Management: Incident, Resource, and Supply Chain Management, 2009, UC Irvine.
- ACN:International Conference on Advanced Communication and Networking, 2010, 2009
- WeGovS2 The Workshop for eGovernment via Software Services, 2009, the Netherlands
- SWDW: Workshop on The Semantic Web meets the Deep Web, Joint Conference on E-Commerce Technology and Enterprise Computing, E-Commerce and E-Services (CEC/EEE08), 2008: Washington DC
- UKC : US-Korea Conference on Science, Technology, and Entrepreneurship, 2007, 2006.
- ISI : IEEE International Conference on Intelligence and Security Informatics, 2007.
- IWSEC: International Workshop on Security, 2007,2006
- PMKD: International Workshop on Philosophies and Methodologies for Knowledge Discovery, Deployment, and Development of Decision Support Systems, 2006, 2005.
- BPMPM : International Workshop on Business Process Monitoring & Performance Management, DEXA Workshop, Denmark, 2005.
- CIKM : International Conference on Information and Knowledge Management, 2003.
- KOM3: International Workshop on Knowledge, Ontology,
Metadata and Meaning Matters, DEXA workshop, 2004, 2003.
External Conference Paper Reviewer
- WAIM: the 8th International Conference on Web-Age Information Management. 2007
- DASFAA: 12th International Conference on Database Systems for Advanced Applications, 2007, 2006
- ICISS: International Conference on Information Systems Security, 2006.
- ACM CCS : 13th ACM Conference on Computer and Communications Security, 2006;
- ETRICS : International Conference on Emerging Trends in Information and Communication Security, 2006.
- RIDE : 14th International Workshop on Research Issues on Data Engineering: Web Services for E-Commerce and E-Government, 2004
- ICDCIT: International Conference on Distributed Computing & Internet Technology, System Security Track, 2004;
- DSI: The 35th Annual Meeting of Decision Sciences Institute, 2004;
- AMCIS: The 2004 Americas Conference on Information Systems,
Assistant to Editor-in-Chief
- The International Journal of Digital Libraries, Springer Verlag, 1999-2001.
- Member, Research Committee, CUNY CSI (2018-2021)
- Chair, Search Committee for Director of Institutional Research (2018)
- Member, Dean Search Committee, School of Health Sciences (2016-2017)
- Mentor, CSI Grants Panel Mentoring Program, CUNY CSI (2015-2017)
- Member, Information Technology Advisory Committee (ITAC), CUNY CSI (2016 -)
- Member, Curriculum and Exam Committee, Computer Science Doctoral Program, CUNY Graduate Center (2016-2019 3yr)
- Co-Director, Information Systems & Informatics Program, Interdisiciplinary Program, CUNY CSI (2015 - Current)
- Member, Faculty Subcommittee of the Diversity Council, CSI (2014 - 2015)
- Member, Provost Search Committee, CUNY CSI (2014-2015)
- Member, Faculty Search Committee, Public Administration (2014 - 2015)
- Member, Dean Search Committee, School of Business (2014 - 2015)
- Panel Member, Grants Reviews Panel, CSI (2014 - )
- Member, Provost Scholarship Awards Committee (2014)
- Representative, College Council/Faculty Senate (2013-2016)
- Member, Faculty Search Committee, Department of Mathmatics (2013-2014)
- Member, Pathways Transfer Majors Committee, City University of New York (2011-2012)
- Member, Search Committee, Faculty Center for Professional Development, CSI (2011-2012)
- Member, Advisory Committee, Faculty Center for Professional Development, CSI (2011- )
- Member, Review and Planning Committee for Undergraduate Conference on Research, Scholarship, and Performance, CSI (2011-2013)
- Chair, Search Committee, Office of Academic Advisement, CSI (2011-2012)
- Member, Strategic Direction 1 Committee, College of Staten Island (2010-2011)
- Faculty Research Liaison, Office of Sponsored Programs and Research, CSI (2010-2012)
- Faculty Advisor, Information Systems Projects, CSI Undergraudate Research Conference, CSI (2010-2011)
- Member, Search Committee, Office of Sponsored Programs and Research, CSI (2010)
- Member, College-Wide Academic Outcomes Assessment Committee, College of State Island (2010-2011)
- Faculty Mentor, Dophin Mentoring Exchange for FIRST Program, College of Staten Island (2007,2008,2009)
- Member, Admissions Committee, College of Staten Island (2006-2009)
- Research Supervisor, CSI SEEK Research Assistants Project, College of Staten Island (2006-2007)
- Marshall, The Commencement Exercise of the College of Staten Island, (2006, 2008, 2010, 2011)
- Chair, Faculty Search Committee, Department of Marketing (2013-2014)
- Member, Appointments Committee, Department of Marketing, School of Business (2013 - )
- Faculty Mentor, Honor's project in Information Systems (2010-2011)
- Department Rep, AACSB Annual Accreditation Conference (Sept 26-28 2010)
- Member, Website Working Group, Department of Business (2010-)
- Member, Assessment Committee, Business Department (2010)
- Member, Faculty Search Committee, Department of Business (2006-2007)
- Area Chair, Information Systems, Department of Business (2006 - 2012)
- Member, Faculty Search Committee, Department of Business (2005-2006)
- Coordinator, The Science and Technology Summer Camp, 2015, 2014, 2013 , Rutgers University CIMIC Research Center.
- Reviewer, Grant-in-Aid Program, The New Jersey Academy of Science, 2012
- Coordinator, The Science and Technology Summer Camp 2008, Rutgers University CIMIC Research Center.
- Coordinator/Instructor, Science and Technology Summer Camp 2007, Rutgers University CIMIC Research Center.
- Coordinator/Instructor, Science and Technology Summer Camp 2006, Rutgers University CIMIC Research Center.
- Mentor, The American Chemical Society's (ACS) 2005 Project SEED Summer Program. (mentored two New Jersey High School students.)